You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
The Productive Leadership™ System
Maximizing Organizational Reliability
Thomas J. Moriarty, PE, CMRP
Typical leadership training never seems to ‘move the needle’ in terms of creating more effective leaders. That’s because the system that supports leadership hasn’t changed. To get true improvement in leadership, organizations need to focus on accountability. There must be an asset management system that defines and assigns accountability. Then individual leaders can learn and apply productive leadership.
The author has coined and trademarked the Productive Leadership™ System (PLS) which includes:
- A Productive Leadership Policy
- The Organizational Reliability Model™ (ORM)
- *The Productive Leadership Model™ (PLM)
- A Productive Leadership Development Program
The ORM overtly defines and assigns accountability across each leadership level. The PLM identifies the leadership roles, attributes, skills, sources of power and other aspects that productive leaders must master. The development program creates a leadership pipeline for professional development of current leaders and prospective leaders, and on-boarding the right people for leadership positions.
The author includes a chapter on the human brain to show that leaders and followers are capable of learning throughout their lives, and the science behind creating habits and cultures. The book has several tools and exercises to help reinforce important concepts.
Appendices include details on the Team Effectiveness and Motivation Survey (used in the 2015 Alidade MER/Plant Services Magazine Leadership Survey), an ISO 55000 overview and the Guidance and Execution Model™, an example for developing processes and procedures.
Recommendations for a full Productive Leadership Development Program and training, including:
- Characteristics of individual leaders: The desire to be responsible and having a personal mission, vision, and values that align with the leadership position.
- Leadership roles: Expert/technician, manager/administrator, coach, systems thinker, and visionary.
- Leadership attributes: Consistent, attentive, respectful, motivational, and assertive.
- Leadership skills: Time management, communication, empowerment, giving and receiving feedback, and conflict management.
Tom Moriarty has over 39 years of experience in leadership, asset management, maintenance and reliability engineering, from technician, through work crew supervisor, project engineer, program manager and corporate director/president. He is an expert in managing physical asset maintenance and reliability engineering programs, leadership development programs and strategic improvement programs. He has managed architecture and engineering (A&E) contracts, developed/evaluated requirements, developed specifications, project management, and quality; product design evaluations and research.
Tom is President of Alidade MER, Inc., a consulting company in Florida. He is a registered Professional Engineer (Florida), ANSI Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP). Tom developed and copyrighted the Organizational Reliability Model©, Requirements & Execution Model© and Productive Leadership Model©. He is an expert in Root Cause Analysis, FMEA/FMECA, RCM and LEAN applications. Tom has been the author of a monthly leadership column in Plant Services Magazine for more than nine years.
- Our Brains
- The Productive Leadership™ System
- The Productive Leadership Model™
- Productive Leadership Development
- Concluding Thoughts
- Appendix A: Team Effectiveness & Motivation Survey
- Appendix B: Guidance and Execution Model
- Appendix C: Standard for Asset Management Overview
- ISBN: 9780831136420
- Pages 375 Pages, Softcover
- Published Date: November, 2019