In this value-packed package, you get both a printed copy of the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, Large Print, and the Machinery’s Handbook Digital Edition.
The following combination packages also is available: Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, Toolbox and Digital Edition Combo.
This exceptional value combination package ncludes both the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, large print edition (normal reference-sized type; measuring 7″ x 10″) and the expanded Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition, giving you the ultimate access to the vast body of information contained in the Handbook, additional Digital Edition-only material, and the Machinery’s Handbook Guide.
Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, Large Print
Since the first edition published more than 100 years ago, Machinery’s Handbook has been the most popular engineering resource of all time. Universally considered the principal reference in the manufacturing and mechanical industries, the Handbook is the ultimate collection of essential information needed by engineers, designers, drafters, metalworkers, toolmakers, machinists, educators, students, and serious home hobbyists. From engineering and design departments, machine and metalworking shops, and a wide range of manufacturing and industrial facilities, to countless classrooms and workshops worldwide, this is the must-have technical reference.
Note that the large print edition measures 7″ x 10″ and the type is the size of normal reference works. It is not an enlarged print edition for sight-impaired readers, but the Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition, included in this package, does enable on-screen enlargement of text and data.
New in the 31st Edition
- Additive Manufacturing: Expert discussions, exploring 3D printing materials, techniques, and workflow, compare traditional machining to today’s additive manufacturing processes.
- Machine Elements and Operations: Updated and expanded coverage of CAD/CAM operations, boring, nontraditional cutting methods, O-rings and glands, and transmission chains.
- Manufacturing and Materials: Additional information on utilizing today’s plastics, powder metallurgy standard and tool steels, manufacturing stresses, and preventing corrosion.
- Metal Casting and Molding: New information for working with iron, steel, nonferrous metals, and alloys, metal casting and molding processes, and modeling and design considerations.
- Math, Measurement, and Dimensioning: Reorganized, revised, and expanded sections provide ready access to clear information, essential formulas, and everyday calculations and conversions.
- Metalworking Processes: More on brazing, soldering, welding, nondestructive testing, forming sheet metal, mill finishes, passivation, electropolishing, and plating.
- Threads and Threading: The latest series and selected combinations for Unified Screw Threads.
- All ASME and ANSI standards have been reconfirmed and revised.
- Thousands of revisions, including new and updated text, tables, equations, and figures.
- The metric content continues to be expanded. Throughout the book, wherever practical, metric units are shown adjacent to the U.S. customary units in the text. Many formulas are now presented with equivalent metric expressions, and metric examples have been added.
- The detailed tables of contents located at the beginning of each section have been expanded and fine-tuned to make finding topics easier and faster.
- The page count has increased, by nearly 100 pages, to 2,996 pages.
Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition
The expanded Digital Edition includes:
- The complete contents of the printed Machinery’s Handbook 31st Edition, which has grown by nearly 100 pages with thousands of revisions and updates since the last edition.
- Nearly 800 pages of additional and archival content—still useful and interesting text, tables, and figures—extracted over time from previous editions of the Handbook.
- Table of contents and indexes for material only available in the Digital Edition, as well as useful standalone indexes of standards and materials throughout this expanded edition.
- The complete contents of the companion volume Guide to the Use of Tables and Formulas in the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, with handy links to Digital Edition pages.
With this versatile Digital Edition, you can:
- View all and print some material from the printed books.
- Zoom to magnify pages for an enlarged view of complex data.
- Access information you need with quick navigation aids: thousands of clickable links in the contents, text, and indexes.
- Your choice of online and offline viewing options on your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Android devices (download of provided reader required for offline viewing applications).*
*Installation Notes: While we have eliminated the need for a CD-ROM drive, an Internet connection still is required for the initial setup of your Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition. This package includes setup instructions and your unique registration number.
Please click here to go to a page about the history, development, and perpetual enhancement of the Machinery’s Handbook over more than 100 years.
- Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Properties, Treatment, and Testing of Materials
- Dimensioning, Gaging, and Measuring
- Tooling and Toolmaking
- Machining Operations
- Manufacturing Processes
- Threads and Threading
- Gears, Splines, and Cams
- Machine Elements
- Measuring Units
- Index of Standards
- Index of Materials
- Additional on Digital Edition: Guide to Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition.