In this value-packed package, you get both a Machinist Calc Pro 2 calculator and a printed copy of the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, Large Print Edition.
The following combination packages also is available: Machinery’s Handbook Toolbox and Calc Pro 2 Bundle.
While there is not an ebook equivalent of this product, you can find information on related ebook products by clicking here.
Or click here to see our full selection of calculators and calculator/book sets.
The Machinist Calc Pro 2
Now with Materials, Machinist Calc Pro 2 is a dedicated handheld machining math and reference tool providing a complete assortment of machine shop solutions. Ideal for machining pros and shop owners who want to increase productivity and profits in the design, layout and set-up stages of production and reduce wear and tear on costly cutting tools, as well as students moving on to a career in manufacturing and machining.
Built-in Functions and Calculations:
- Materials – choose from 20 popular materials
- Speeds and Feeds calculate for milling, turning and drilling; cutting speed, spindle speed (RPM), feed rate (IPM), cutting feed, feed per tooth/chip load, number of Teeth and Radial Chip Thinning adjustment factor
- Processes – face milling, end milling, slot milling, turning, boring, drilling
- Built-in Drill and Thread Size Tables – save time and steps (Compliant with ANSI/ASME B1.1-2003 and ANSI/ASME B1.13M-2005)
- Enter Numeric, Fractional, Metric Thread Sizes and Drill Sizes – and display tap, roll tap, close and free fit drill sizes plus pitch, major and minor diameters
- Right Triangle Math – plus trigonometric functions
- Tools – high speed, carbide, and high performance
- Drill Points – enter the cutting angle and drill size to calculate the drill point cut depth
- Bolt Pattern Hole Layouts – enter start angle, number of bolts, diameter and optional x, y offset; calculate x and y coordinates. Find center-to-center spacing for bolt pattern layouts
- 3-Wire Measure – enter Wire Size (or use calculated Best Wire size) and 3-Wire Measurement to calculate pitch diameter
- Work in and Convert between U.S. and Metric Units
Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, Large Print
Since the first edition published more than 100 years ago, Machinery’s Handbook has been the most popular engineering resource of all time. Universally considered the principal reference in the manufacturing and mechanical industries, the Handbook is the ultimate collection of essential information needed by engineers, designers, drafters, metalworkers, toolmakers, machinists, educators, students, and serious home hobbyists. From engineering and design departments, machine and metalworking shops, and a wide range of manufacturing and industrial facilities, to countless classrooms and workshops worldwide, this is the must-have technical reference.
Note that the large print edition measures 7″ x 10″ and the type is the size of normal reference works. It is not an enlarged print edition for sight-impaired readers; for such readers, we recommend the Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition, which enables on-screen enlargement of text and data.
New in the 31st Edition
- Additive Manufacturing: Expert discussions, exploring 3D printing materials, techniques, and workflow, compare traditional machining to today’s additive manufacturing processes.
- Machine Elements and Operations: Updated and expanded coverage of CAD/CAM operations, boring, nontraditional cutting methods, O-rings and glands, and transmission chains.
- Manufacturing and Materials: Additional information on utilizing today’s plastics, powder metallurgy standard and tool steels, manufacturing stresses, and preventing corrosion.
- Metal Casting and Molding: New information for working with iron, steel, nonferrous metals, and alloys, metal casting and molding processes, and modeling and design considerations.
- Math, Measurement, and Dimensioning: Reorganized, revised, and expanded sections provide ready access to clear information, essential formulas, and everyday calculations and conversions.
- Metalworking Processes: More on brazing, soldering, welding, nondestructive testing, forming sheet metal, mill finishes, passivation, electropolishing, and plating.
- Threads and Threading: The latest series and selected combinations for Unified Screw Threads.
- All ASME and ANSI standards have been reconfirmed and revised.
- Thousands of revisions including new and updated text, tables, equations, and figures.
- The metric content continues to be expanded. Throughout the book, wherever practical, metric units are shown adjacent to the U.S. customary units in the text. Many formulas are now presented with equivalent metric expressions, and metric examples have been added.
- The detailed tables of contents located at the beginning of each section have been expanded and fine-tuned to make finding topics easier and faster.
- The page count has increased by 100 pages to 2,996 pages.
Please click here to go to a page about the history, development, and perpetual enhancement of the Machinery’s Handbook over more than 100 years.
- Mathematics Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Properties, Treatment, and Testing of Materials
- Dimensioning, Gaging, and Measuring
- Tooling and Toolmaking
- Machining Operations
- Manufacturing Processes
- Threads and Threading
- Gears, Splines, and Cams
- Machine Elements
- Measuring Units