This is the toolbox print edition, which measures a handy 4.6″ x 7″. You also may be interested in Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, Large Print Edition, which is identical in content but measures 7″ x 10″, with larger text (the size of standard reference materials).
Also check out our best-selling digital editions:
Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition Upgrade (for owners of previous MH CD-ROM or eBook digital editions)
The following combination packages also are available:
Since the first edition published more than 100 years ago, Machinery’s Handbook has been the most popular engineering resource of all time. Universally considered the principal reference in the manufacturing and mechanical industries, the Handbook is the ultimate collection of essential information needed by engineers, designers, drafters, metalworkers, toolmakers, machinists, educators, students, and serious home hobbyists. From engineering and design departments, machine and metalworking shops, and a wide range of manufacturing and industrial facilities, to countless classrooms and workshops worldwide, this is the must-have technical reference.
New in the 31st Edition:
- Additive Manufacturing: Expert discussions, exploring 3D printing materials, techniques, and workflow, compare traditional machining to today’s additive manufacturing processes.
- Machine Elements and Operations: Updated and expanded coverage of CAD/CAM operations, boring, nontraditional cutting methods, O-rings and glands, and transmission chains.
- Manufacturing and Materials: Additional information on utilizing today’s plastics, powder metallurgy standard and tool steels, manufacturing stresses, and preventing corrosion.
- Metal Casting and Molding: New information for working with iron, steel, nonferrous metals, and alloys, metal casting and molding processes, and modeling and design considerations.
- Math, Measurement, and Dimensioning: Reorganized, revised, and expanded sections provide ready access to clear information, essential formulas, and everyday calculations and conversions.
- Metalworking Processes: More on brazing, soldering, welding, nondestructive testing, forming sheet metal, mill finishes, passivation, electropolishing, and plating.
- Threads and Threading: The latest series and selected combinations for Unified Screw Threads.
- All ASME and ANSI standards have been reconfirmed and revised, including the game-changing ASME Y14.5-2018 standard.
- Thousands of revisions, including new and updated text, tables, equations, and figures.
- The metric content continues to be expanded. Throughout the book, wherever practical, metric units are shown adjacent to the U.S. customary units in the text. Many formulas are now presented with equivalent metric expressions, and metric examples have been added.
- The detailed tables of contents located at the beginning of each section have been expanded and fine-tuned to make finding topics easier and faster.
- The page count has increased, by 100 pages, to 2,996 pages.
Please click here to go to a page about the history, development, and perpetual enhancement of the Machinery’s Handbook over more than 100 years.
- Mathematics Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Properties, Treatment, and Testing of Materials
- Dimensioning, Gaging, and Measuring
- Tooling and Toolmaking
- Machining Operations
- Manufacturing Processes
- Threads and Threading
- Gears, Splines, and Cams
- Machine Elements
- Measuring Units